Box 1

Box 1
Teaching with Novels

Box 2

Box 2
Resources

Box 3

Box 3
Meet Sra. Wienhold

Quick Tip: Free Books in Spanish!

As we plan for a new school year, I do not know many teachers who say: 
"I have so much extra money to spend on my classroom and classroom library." 
I realized that I actually have quite a few posts with money saving ideas and ways to get free or cheap resources, so I know have them all grouped together under the label $ Saver.


I blogged last year & the year before, about how to get free books for your classroom from the Kelloggs Family Rewards program and now it is back! (No I am not a sponsor of these products). This year the packages must be from Walmart, but 1 package gets you 1 free book!


The instructions can be seen above. By uploading a receipt from a specially marked Kelloggs, Coca-Cola, Hershey or Smuckers products from Walmart you get a free book.
 I do not usually shop there, but I will have to, since the books below in Spanish can be earned for FREE through the program. 



How can you get many free books? Two years ago I put a blurb in our quarter 1 parent newsletter, and actually had a parent bring in a stack of 18 boxes for me! Also, my mom and mother in law are good about saving them for me as well. Just make sure that it has the "Start School like a Champion" logo on the front (below), or you will just not get a free book. 


**You may want to wait a couple weeks, as I checked out my Wal-Mart yesterday, and they did not have these promotional boxes out yet. I will keep you posted ;)**  

Below are the participating products this year. Just make sure they have the logo above on them to get the free books! You can also donate the books to a school of your choice. 
See the website for all of the details. 



What other way to you have to get free or cheap books in your target language?

1 comment

  1. I'm definitely gonna take advantage of this! So great!

    I went to my public library book sale last year and got a lot of great books for $.50-$1.00 each. I live in a big city, so I'm not sure how many cities do this, but each August, our cities' libraries raise money by selling books to make room for new ones. The books I got look great and it was honestly a lot of fun to wait to get in with a bunch of other teachers like its a Black Friday Sale for books. :) So check if a library near you does this! (you can be anyone to go to the one where I live - I'll be going again in a few weeks)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top