Box 1

Box 1
Teaching with Novels

Box 2

Box 2
Resources

Box 3

Box 3
Meet Sra. Wienhold

Comprehensible Iowa Quotes

As you could see by my tweet activity on Saturday, I spent the day at the first ever CI: Comprehensible Iowa Conference. You would have never guessed that it was just an idea floating around a local Facebook group this past February, because Elizabeth, Kim & Nevada Schools did an amazing job. What I really loved was the positivity of each and every attendee and presenter. Everyone there wanted to share the magic and power of TPRS and CI teaching. There were a wide variety of experience levels, but each teacher was there to learn and grow from each other. It was even cooler that teachers from a variety of states around the midwest came as well. It was a true testament to the growing interest that teachers have in teaching with comprehensible input. 

I have so many takeaways that I think I am going to need a couple posts and days to process all of the greatness. For now here are 5 quotes that stuck with me. 









I presented on teaching a novel 101 and wish that we could have had hours, instead of just 50 minutes. I would have loved to do a workshop where I did not feel so rushed, and instead we had time to break into actually working on planning for a novel. It was especially great that every participant could visualize a TPRS novel since Carol Gaab of TPRS publishing so generously donated a novel to each participant, which they had out and were able to reference. Thank you to each and every person who came to my session! Here is the Presentation.

session participants discussing novels

No comments

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top