Box 1

Box 1
Teaching with Novels

Box 2

Box 2
Resources

Box 3

Box 3
Meet Sra. Wienhold

Lista lunes: Thanksgiving in Spanish Class

Hello November! Before we rush into Christmas, I wanted to take a bit to pause and be thankful for where we are at in the year. Last year I did a mini thankful series to reflect of what I was grateful for. We are exactly 1/4 through the school year, and it is a great time to reflect on what has gone well, and what we can improve on for the rest of the school year. 

Right now I am thankful for:
  • Amazing new coworkers who I genuinely enjoy spending time with. 
  • Students who are embracing this crazy new Spanish teacher and new to them comprehensible input methods.
  • My supportive husband who recognizes that teaching is not just a 9-5. 
  • My smallest Spanish student, my little boy, who reminds me everyday what it is like to be a novice low language learner. 
  • Anyone who reads this blog & has helped me to grow as a teacher! To thank you, everything in my TPT store is on SALE today through Wednesday. Also, check out #FallWinterSpanishSale for more sales this week as well. 

Here are a few ideas for Thanksgiving in Spanish class. 

Last year we made the bulletin board below. See this post for how to make your own thankful turkey in the target language. 

Thanksgiving Bulletin Board

Our Thanksgiving bulletin board last year



Thanksgiving Ideas


Infographics & Authentic Resources 


This year we will have trimester 1 finals the Monday & Tuesday before the holiday, so maybe we will complete some after our tests are completed, while everyone is anxiously awaiting going home to stuff their faces with pie. An easy no prep activity is a free write in Spanish about holiday plans, a favorite past Thanksgiving, or a made up story involving the holiday. What other ideas do you have for Thanksgiving?

Remember, everything in my TPT store is on SALE today through Wednesday!

3 comments

  1. Allison, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to subscribe to your blog via email. I never get notified when you have a new post, and I can't figure out how to do it! I've tried asking google and it's given me no good answers. Help me!!!!!!!!! I need more of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry about that! I just checked and it is listed as one of my gadgets, but is not showing up in this new template. I guess I should have used WordPress! I personally now follow all blogs with Bloglovin, so it does not fill up my inbox so much. I like that I can use the app and read blogs when I have time, as well as save them there in categories like Pinterest. I will see what I can do and am glad you want more :)
      Have a great day,
      Allison

      Delete
    2. I'll have to check out Bloglovin. I have an RSS feed set up but I never check it...maybe I just need to find the right app ;-)

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top