Box 1

Box 1
Teaching with Novels

Box 2

Box 2
Resources

Box 3

Box 3
Meet Sra. Wienhold

Lista lunes: Day of the Dead 15

Lista lunes: Day of the Dead 15

Lista lunes: Day of the Dead 15 - Mis Clases Locas


It has been a while since I posted a lista lunes, so now that it is officially October, it is the perfect time for some of my favorite Day of the Dead resources. Here are some past resources I have used, as well as some new finds for this year. 


Book of Life - Novice Movie Guide

Lista lunes: Day of the Dead 15 - Mis Clases Locas

This guide is based from the amazing Kara Jacob's intermediate level guide. If you teach higher level students, her guide is perfect! I bought the movie in English online and show it in Spanish (with English subtitles in level 1). 

Cultural Reading in Spanish - Mexico & Day of the Dead

Lista lunes: Day of the Dead 15 - Mis Clases Locas

I made this reading to go along with the novel Tumba. It would be a good reading to introduce a little bit about Mexico with a brief overview of the Day of the Dead. 

Altar Infographic

Lista lunes: Day of the Dead 15 - Mis Clases Locas

Altares Video & Infographic

Video & Embedded Reading activities for Day of the Dead

Lista lunes - Day of the Dead 2014

All Posts for Day of the Dead

All Posts for the novel Tumba by Mira Canion (which is a perfect way to have students learn about the holiday!)

My Pinterest Board for Cultural Holidays


UPDATED: Dustin Williamson's New Day of the Dead Unit


Also, I would like to add that if you happen to teach at a Catholic school, like I used to, this is the perfect time to add in connections to All Souls' Day, and All Saints' Day, emphasizing the celebration of those who have passed away. I personally used to make a huge 3 way Venn diagram comparing and contrasting the Day of the Dead, Halloween, and the Catholic celebrations that fall during the same time frame. Just some ideas that came up from a Twitter conversation last week!

Board in my Room
Lista lunes: Day of the Dead 15 - Mis Clases Locas
Cute board in my room made by my amazing senior assistant in just 1 class period. Have I mentioned that if there is anyway you can get a student helper in class, make it happen. She has been such a blessing so far this year!

How are you planning on teaching the Day of the Dead? Share your resources in the comments!

No comments

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top