Box 1

Box 1
Teaching with Novels

Box 2

Box 2
Resources

Box 3

Box 3
Meet Sra. Wienhold

Classroom Tour 15






Besides my Spanish Classroom Library Tour this year, the only other time I did a classroom tour was my 2nd year teaching here. Here is a little update on my classroom at my new school. As you can see, when I first visited the room was jam packed with large desks, 4 filing cabinets, 4 closets, a TV, overhead cart and lots more. 
the classroom when I visited last spring 


I asked for tables with chairs instead, and now have some heavy duty old science tables. Eventually I would like to try deskless, so getting chairs is my baby steps in the right direction. As a new teacher at the school I do not want to freak everyone out right away. 


Here are a few pictures of my classroom so far. 


The Back Wall

The whole back wall, including the proficiency rubric from the Creative Language Class & Instagram Photo Booth. Close us of the split bulletin boards are below. 

Rejoinder Word Ladders from Amy Lenord


A Spain bulletin board that just came together from all things I have collected from my semester and summer living in Spain, as well as pictures from travel magazines. The only cost was the fabric background. I hot glued(which I use for everything) yarn to each city & made descriptions for cities with my classroom library template. The map itself was a free National Geographic map from a school library, that I just laminated. The España photo collage is something I made a few years ago for my class on Shutterfly with a coupon and has all my personal pictures from all over the country. 


The Side Wall




Class work and reminder board using electrical tape. In the left is my absent student folder made with file folders. 


High Frequency Verb Wall adapted from Mike Peto's sweet 16. I used my laminator & hot glue to make it last. I plan  to take the English words off once students are comfortable with them. 


The Far Back Corner - Classroom Library

See the full Classroom Library tour. Since then, I have added throw pillows, 33 Razones Para Leer, which I printed in color and had laminated, and more free National Geographic maps. (Mexico since Spanish 2 will start reading Tumba and Central America since Spanish 3 will start reading Robo en la Noche set in Costa Rica). 


The Entrance

There is an information area for school related things like lunch menu, emergencies, news, NHS, etc. There are 3 hall passes with magnets by the door with instructions. The flip open/closed sign is a school wide procedure for academic zone. 


The Front of the Room

The front board, which I purposely tried to keep clean and not too busy. There are just Question word posters from the Creative Language Class, a Día de Los Muertos calendar that was a gift from students and a banner I made my 1st year teacher, that I can not find he template fit anymore! The left board will be used for the projector and the right for teaching. 



The View from my Desk

The tables are ready for the 1st day with Martina's seating cards set out & markers to make 1st day name cards.


You will notice I do not have a picture of my desk yet, probably because that is the area that was last priority and still needs work. :)

Now I want to see your room!


Wonderful Resources
Question word posters from the Creative Language Class
Proficiency Wall Rubric from the Creative Language Class
Rejoinder Word Ladders from Amy Lenord
High Frequency Verb Wall adapted from Mike Peto's sweet 16.

9 comments

  1. Here are some pictures of my new room this year.
    https://www.facebook.com/128613843847252/photos/pcb.929725707069391/929725450402750/?type=1&theater

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for sharing! Good luck with your new adventure at Nevada & I will see you at #IWLA15!

      Delete
  2. Is that an Epson Bright Link projector?? I'm at a total loss at how to use mine after being spoiled for the last 10 years with a SmartBoard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest I have no idea what kind of projector it is. I just know it was already set up and all I have to do is turn it in and it works!

      Delete
  3. I can't tell you how many of your posts I have visited over the last month! Great stuff! Thanks so much for sharing! ---- Amy @ http://thegiftedgabber.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing this! I know this question is a little removed from your original posting, but I am really curious as to how your Ausente folder works and if you are still using this system. It looks very simple and this is something I have trouble with so I'd like to know how you manage this aspect of your classroom. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is just where I put all extra handouts by class!

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top