Box 1

Box 1
Teaching with Novels

Box 2

Box 2
Resources

Box 3

Box 3
Meet Sra. Wienhold

Syllabus - 1st Trimester

So this year I had every intention of making a fancy-smancy infograph syllabus like everyone else. I even started on on Pictochart. The little guy woke up interrupting my train of thought and then I decided for a variety of reasons that instead I wanted to make one that I could edit, adapt and reuse. The schedule at my new school is on trimesters. With each level only needing 2 trimesters of class, they circle around so a student could actually finish 4 levels of Spanish in 3 years. It is great that I do not have every level each trimester, but it means many classes switch each trimester. Long story short, I know that at the change of trimesters I will not have time to create a new fancy-smancy infograph syllabus, so I opted for a simple pages document instead. 

I actually used the same template as my Unit 1 plan for consistency, and stuck with the school colors as a color scheme. They are very basic since very few kids actually read them if it is stocked full of writing. I also just changed minor things to fit each level. 
UPDATE: If you would like to download editable versions of all 3 levels in both Pages & Word click here.

Here are my trimester 1 syllabi for Spanish 1, Spanish 2 & Spanish 3. 







If you are looking for more back to school posts see my organized list of back to school posts, or click the label back to school
Update: If you would like to download all of my back to school products together, you can find them here.
Happy planning!

17 comments

  1. They look great Sra!!! Would you mind sharing what the 8 tabs for the notebook are used for or how they are labeled? Thanks and have a great school year!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to be really intense about the binders with binder checks and everything to teach students (especially) freshman how to be organized. Now being 1:1, we do most things electronically, but since we do not use a textbook, I have found it is nice to help them have an organized place for just Spanish. I though about changing to interactive notebooks, but I figured an organized binder in a life skill that will help them more in college and the workplace.

      Every year I have changed what the labeled binder tabs are. I just know I usually have more than five, so I learned to request the packs with 8 tabs. This year I am thinking about having the following:
      Para Empezar (bell ringers),
      Vocab (where they write down target story structures, new words to them or words they are interested in - not given any lists),
      Notes (for the occasional "write this down" moments, NOT extensive grammar notes)
      Handouts (helpful resources such as unit plans, syllabus, useful expressions)
      Reading (for choice reading log & activities concerning novels)
      Listening (materials for movies and El Internado)
      Writing (to keep free writes to se how they have grown)
      Paper (extra loose leaf paper)
      Let me know if you have any more questions!
      Allison

      Delete
  2. The design makes the syllabi easy to read. The layout and the language you use are consistent. However, check presentational for Spanish I. I think you are missing end of sentence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for catching that! I have updated the rest of the missing sentence. This is what is great about sharing, I have help finding my mistakes!

      Delete
  3. Do your Spanish 2 and Spanish 3 students both read Robo en la noche?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this year they will be. Normally, they would not but this is my first year at this school and the students have never read novels. I have found that the past tense version of Robo en la Noche is a perfect first early novel to read. It allows us to work on the past tense, but the word count is low enough that the students become very confident reading a novel. The plan is Spanish 2 will read Tumba then Robo, and Spanish 3 will read Robo then Esperanza.

      Delete
  4. Will you please share Sp. 1 and 2 syllabi with me? rebecca.payton@jefferson.kyschools.us Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading Rebecca! I sent them to your email.

      Delete
    2. Hi, I would love to see the Sp. 2 and 3 syllabi too. My email is myersa1@warrenschools.com

      Gracias!

      Delete
  5. Love your syllabi.I am trying to create an infographic syllabus as well. Where did you find the ACTFL proficiency timeline? Or did you create it yourself? I can't find anything I can add to Piktochart. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used it on my Unit 1 plan as well. Feel free to use it. You can download it here https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Spanish-Class-Pre-Unit-1-1921484
      Thank you for reading!
      Allison

      Delete
  6. Awesome piktochart syllabi! Would you be so kind as to share with me your Spanish 1 and 2 syllabi? My email is sjessy237@gmail.com ¡Gracias!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sent it to you. Thank you for reading!

      Delete
  7. These looks great! Would you mind sharing them with me as well?
    My email is: mmcmillian@mammothusd.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle,
      Thank you for reading! I sent it to you.
      Allison

      Delete
  8. Love these!! I downloaded them from your TpT store, but I cannot open the files for the editable versions. I have a Mac and we use OpenOffice, so the docs won't load. Would you please share the editable versions with my by email to see if I can open them that way? Thanks so much!! hugghinss@woisd.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for letting me know Shelly. Please check you email.
      Have a great school year!
      Allison

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top