Box 1

Box 1
Teaching with Novels

Box 2

Box 2
Resources

Box 3

Box 3
Meet Sra. Wienhold

El Libro de Vida - The Book of Life - Novice Guide


El Libro de Vida - The Book of Life - Novice Guide



This year to end our Tumba unit in Spanish I, I plan on watching and discussing El Libro de Vida (The Book of Life) in Spanish. It is a cute animated movie and you can see my review of the movie here. Kara Jacobs shared her awesome upper level guide in Spanish here. Her guide has chronological questions, character descriptions and a "who said it" activity all in Spanish and would be perfect for an upper level class. I plan to use her questions in Spanish as we watch to keep our discussing in the target language. 


Just like I did with my novice guide for the movie Canela, adapted from Kara, I have made a novice guide for the Book of Life. I am sharing it with Kara's permission. Some classes may not need the questions in English, but my particular Spanish I class works better with something in front of them to keep on task (especially at the end of school year:). The guide with English questions could also be used with the movie as a substitute lesson plan for a non-Spanish speaker.

Thank you again Kara!

**Update** Here are more resources for teaching the Day of the Dead

8 comments

  1. YESSSS!!! Thank you so much for sharing both of these resources

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Kara! I am just adapting on one of the best sharers out there!

      Delete
  2. Will you show the movie in English or Spanish?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I show it in Spanish with English subtitles for novice classes. If I were to use it with higher level students, it would be Spanish with Spanish subtitles. Enjoy!

      Delete
    2. Thank you for sharing these resources! I hope to be able to use this for Day of the Dead with my Spanish I classes. Can I ask what kind of cultural themes you teach with the movie and/or extension or follow up activities you do? It is a little bit more difficult to use it at the novice level .

      Delete
    3. I actually use this movie as a part of my unit with the book Tumba by Mira Canion. I would recommend Martina Bex's day of the day unit which can be found on TPT.
      Enjoy!

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top