Box 1

Box 1
Teaching with Novels

Box 2

Box 2
Resources

Box 3

Box 3
Meet Sra. Wienhold

Inspirational Online Colleagues & IWLA Presentation

Who was or is your most inspirational colleague, and why?

Since I have only ever taught as a department of one, my most inspirational colleges have come in the form of #langchat and world language Twitter colleges and bloggers. They have taught me to look beyond the traditional textbook and to jump head first into authentic resources, comprehensible input, and engaging curriculum. They have also generously shared their wisdom and resources. Some of these inspirations included, but are not limited to  The Creative Language ClassZambombazoMusicuentosTeaching Spanish: Thematic & AuthenticThe Comprehensible ClassroomSomewhere to ShareAventuras NuevasLa Clase de Sra. Dentlinger. For a more comprehensible list, please see who I follow on  Bloglovin and Twitter (@SenoraWienhold).

This online PLN inspired me to start this blog as well as apply to present at my first conference. I was just given the specific information about my first presentation at the Iowa World Language (IWLA) Conference in Des Moines, Iowa on Saturday, October 11 at 9:20am! I know it is early, but I promise to get you on your feet and wake you up. My topic in Música en la clase (music in the class) and focuses on fun and engaging ways to incorportate music as a part of your weekly routine including Baile viernes and Música miércoles. I actually wrote my proposal before starting this blog, and coincidentally those are some of my most visited posts. I hope to be able to show you in person a little of my passion for incorporating music. If you are going to be at IWLA, I would love to meet up! Also, I am pretty set on also going to the Central States  conference this year as well, especially so I can fan girl some of my idols that will be there as well. 

Who is your inspiration?

No comments

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top