Box 1

Box 1
Teaching with Novels

Box 2

Box 2
Resources

Box 3

Box 3
Meet Sra. Wienhold

Day 12-14 - Future, EdTech Tools & Feedback

We did it! We survived Homecoming week and everything was a success! Now I can try and get back to a semi-normal routine as well as get caught up on my @TeachThought #ReaflectiveTeacher blogger challenge. So here is day 12-14.

Day 12: How do you envision your teaching changing over the next 5 years?

Five year ago this month, my life was forever changed when I met my now husband. I was an undergrad at UNI at the time and had little idea what I wanted to do with my life. Flash forward to right now and I am a third year teacher at a small, private school 22 minutes away from where I live with my husband and 8 month old. 

In 5 years I see myself having grown tremendously in the use of comprehensible input and barely, if at all using a textbook. I hope to be in a paperless environment rich with technological use to enhance instruction. Ideally, I would be teaching at a public school closer to home, so I can be closer to my kid(s). At the same time I hope being a bigger district would not stifle my creativity, but allow be the chance to collaborate and have fewer preps, so I could spend more time creating rich learning environments. 

Day 13: Name the top edtech tools you use in the classroom.

this year the top edtech tool has become Google Classroom. With our new 1to1 computer initiative, I have found that classroom has been the easiest way to transition to a less paper classroom. I do love how it organizes work into neat little folders, but it will take some getting used to remembering to go in and grade assignments. Without the stack of papers in the tray to remind me, I have found I am more likely to forget to grade work, especially those that come in late. 

Within Classroom I have been using a lot of Google Forms this year for their Information Form, Weekly Reading Log, Friday Feedback, as well as for teachers to vote for Homecoming floats, dress up days, and hallways. 



The number one tool I use everyday is YOUTUBE. Música miércoles & baile viernes would just not be the same without videos. It is the perfect way to integrate authentic listening sources and culture on a daily basis. Having access during school makes last minute planning a breeze, and is a great way to utilize those extra  minutes at the end of class,

Day 14: What is feedback for learning and how well do you give it to students?

Feedback was actually just a #langchat topic, that got me thinking quite a bit. To me feedback is helping to communicate with students what they are doing well, what they can improve on, and what they need to do to continue to build their proficiency. To be honest, I am not good at giving feedback and this is something I need to work on. I should start having quarterly conferences with all students to talk about their proficiency goals and what they can do to achieve them. I am pretty good at having the students give ME feedback about what they like/do not like in class, what is helping them learn and what they would like to do differently through Friday Feedback and end of quarter surveys. Yet, besides some comments on their assessments, I do not give them enough feedback. I need to make sure that feedback is more of a dialogue between the student and I with both parties having an input and sharing how to help move towards meeting the goals of the language acquisition. 

Happy Planning!

No comments

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top