Box 1

Box 1
Teaching with Novels

Box 2

Box 2
Resources

Box 3

Box 3
Meet Sra. Wienhold

Weekend Reading

This past weekend was a rare one at my house where we had Zero plans, which meant no work, no travel, and no visitors. It. Was. Awesome! This combined with my 4 month old baby boy's new skill of actually napping in his crib for more than 30 minutes at a time meant that I had free time to myself for one of my favorite things to do, read!

I took this rare chance to lay out in my backyard and finally read some of my tprs books from the sample packs I purchased in February as a part of my classroom library grant. My goal is to try our at least one tprs book in each level next year, so I need to start reading to figure out which books to use. I planned on just skimming through them, but instead I was totally engaged and over the course of the weekend read FOUR of them cover to cover: La Calaca AlegreBrandon Brown Quiere un PerroRobo en la Noche y Esperanza. I now finally get why these books are so popular right now, they are actual stories with real plots, cliffhangers, great cultural settings and relatable characters. I can not wait to read more of them!

Now I need some help. What books should I use, and for what levels? I teach Spanish 1-4 and would like to try at least one in each class. Any advice would be appreciated!
Cheers to reading!
-Allison

4 comments

  1. I second this post! I just got a grant too, Allison! I'm starting to order my books as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog! I'm debating myself adding in some TPRS novels, but at the jr. high level I'm not too sure. How did you go about getting the samples?

    ReplyDelete
  3. After reading through some of them I think many of the level 1's would be perfect for junior high. The sample packages can be found here http://tprstorytelling.com/?s=sample+package

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top