Box 1

Box 1
Teaching with Novels

Box 2

Box 2
Resources

Box 3

Box 3
Meet Sra. Wienhold

Presentation Evaluations

As we near the end of the school year many of my classes will be presenting final projects. Inspired by this post from the wonderful Sara-Elizabeth Cottrell's Musicuentos my Spanish III class had the opportunity to design their own final exam project of a topic of their choice. I did this for the first time last year and had a wide range of results from amazing (a student researching Spanish guitar music and writing and performing his own original song in Spanish) to less than wonderful (little effort without following guidelines). 

I realized that it was my lack explanation and follow through that yielded the range of results. This year I made sure to sit down and personally discuss each student's plan, to make sure they were on the right track. I have found that they need the most assistance with the interpersonal portion, as many students are terrified to actually use their Spanish with someone they do not know. This year I made a point of having students contact those outside of class throughout the year, as to try and ease this anxiety. 

Presentations start next week, and I knew I needed a way to try and keep students focused while others present. I have tried a variety of things in the past including having students write a positive and negative, a question, or what they learned for each presentation. With the tiny bit of focus that most of my classes have had recently with nice weather and approaching vacation, I though they needed a little more structure this time around, so I created this simple document to keep them on track. I hope this will assist students to pay attention to the hard work their peers have put into their projects. I hope that I am blown away by the students next week!

Here's to ending the year strong!
- Allison 

No comments

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top